How to play:
Activity 1 – “Street Vote” – 10 points per house
– Vote for your street here and win 10 easy points with no other commitments.
Activity 2 – “Early Adopter” – 20 points per house
– Did you already go solar? We will award your street 20 points for preexisting panels.
Activity 3 – “Get Solar Assessed” – 20 points
– Each home that completes a free home solar assessment from SunPower by EmPower receives 20 points for their street.
Activity 4 – “Get Energy Audited” – 20 points
– Complete a NYS energy audit through EmPower + LI GreenHomes and you will receive 20 points towards your street total.
Activity 5 – “Go Solar” – 30 points
–If you sign on to go solar your street will receive 30 points.
–Equal points earned despite whether you lease, do a $0 finance or purchase your solar system
5 Bonus points: Children’s poster “What Long Beach looks like 100% by renewables”
5 Bonus points: Social media post “Our house is contributing to an energy independent future.”
Full contest rules:
- Teamwork and block captains encouraged! Email email@example.com to become a captain.
- Contest opens April 1st and ends July 4th, 2017. All activities must be completed during contest window.
- One vote/entry per household. Each home may only participate once.
- Assessments and audits must be scheduled by the homeowner.
- Open to single family homes only.
- Homes on Beech and Park between New York and Nevada can choose an adjacent state street team to join.
- Solar activities must be coordinated through SunPower by EmPower Solar to qualify.
- EmPower Solar reserves the right to deny participation to any home for any reason.
- By voting, you agree to receive communication from SunPower by EmPower Solar. Participants may opt-out at any time.
- Prizes and street grants issued to Block Captain directly. Street must vote on use of street grants.